Running and maintaining a home can be a costly business while juggling the many necessities of life.
Purchasing your home is one thing, but making sure it is always in good running order is quite another. Before you even realize it, expenses can quickly mount up to hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
Upon taking out a mortgage, your lender may have a requirement that you also take out a home insurance policy to protect the building from theft or a naturally occurring disaster, such as a fire, flood, or earthquake.
While this preserves the physical structure of the house, it offers no protection for the things contained inside the building—the essential systems and appliances we use on a daily basis.
If your washer breaks down, or your air conditioning fails, you are potentially looking at hefty repair bills, time spent calling the best technician in town, and a sizable financial hit if the entire appliance needs replacing.
Luckily, there is a practical solution to this issue: welcome to the world of home warranties.
What is a Home Warranty?
As the name suggests, a home warranty or service contract is an insurance policy taken out to protect your home.
First-time home buyers and existing homeowners alike are encouraged to look into a comprehensive home warranty.
Since homes are often considered a huge investment, purchasing a home warranty ensures your valuable piece of property is safeguarded for generations to come.
Unlike a traditional home insurance policy, however, a home warranty is not restricted only to the building. Instead, home warranties cover major elements, such as heating and hot water systems, dryers, and ovens, among other essential items.
Choice Home Warranty is an ideal solution to your warranty woes, offering two plans to provide the best option for your home.
What Are the Benefits of a Home Warranty?
A home warranty works by exchanging a regular monthly payment for protection.
This offers a cheaper solution to the headache of having to pay the total replacement cost of an item at a moments notice.
This type of policy provides homeowners with an extra layer of protection whenever unexpected issues occur.
What Are Choice Home’s Warranty Plans?
There are two plans currently offered by Choice Home: the basic plan and the total plan.
The basic plan provides standard coverage on the following items:
- Electrical system
- Heating system
- Plumbing system
- Plumbing stoppage
- Whirlpool bath
- Oven, range, or stove
- Water heater
- Built-in microwave
- Cook top
- Garbage disposal
- Garage door opener
- Ceiling and exhaust fans
- Duct work
As the name suggests, the total plan is a comprehensive warranty designed to protect all aspects of your home.
In addition to everything covered by the basic plan, the total plan also covers the following items:
- Air conditioning system
- Clothes washer
- Clothes dryer
As a bonus, Choice Home offers clients “add-ons”— extras that can be added to an existing plan for a specific item but not included in either of the standard plans.
Those items covered here are:
- Well pump
- Sump pump
- Pool and spa
- Limited roof leak
- Central vacuum
- Septic system
- Standalone freezer
- Second refrigerator
- Septic tank pumping
These extras allow you to personalize a warranty to focus only on those things you will really need to save money.
Why Choose Choice Home Warranty?
A Choice Home Warranty offers a variety of benefits, all designed to help make your life easier:
- Free First Month: This is a definite bonus if you are browsing providers. Choice Home Warranty offers the first month of service at zero cost to you when a single-payment and one-year warranty plan is purchased.
- 24/7 Service: One of the benefits of a home warranty plan is guaranteed peace of mind. Choice Home Warranty offers a 24/7 approach to customer service, allowing customers to call or submit a claim when it’s most convenient for them. Claims can be filed via an online form on their website, making the process quick and easy.
- No Home Inspection Required: Some providers require a full home inspection before providing you with a warranty, and this can make the sign-up process a long and drawn out affair for both parties. This is not necessary with Choice Home, and coverage starts as soon as the policy is activated, with no prerequisites.
- Benefits for Real Estate Agents: Choice Home provides plans and packages specifically designed for real estate agents. A home warranty can prove a fantastic incentive to a potential buyer, giving you a chance to stand out from the crowd.
- Knowledgeable Team Members: Choice Home representatives are thoroughly involved in the claims process and are knowledgeable about the products and services offered. This allows customers to obtain thorough and accurate information tailored to their individual needs and requirements.
- Completion Date: In the event of a delay, technicians can provide a completion date for any work carried out. This offers customers total peace of mind along with a realistic time frame.
- Informative Website: Choice Home’s website is not only easy to navigate, but is also divided into sections for buyers, sellers, homeowners, realtors, and contractors, making information extremely accessible. A FAQ page helps potential and existing customers answer questions quickly, and their regularly updated blog gives readers the opportunity to learn about recent business developments.
- Extensive Coverage: Choice Home prides themselves on comprehensive coverage, and the choice of two separate plans helps potential and existing customers find a solution that best fits their needs.
- No Policy Gaps: Coverage will begin 30 days after the homeowner is enrolled, and continues for 365 days. If a customer provides proof of prior coverage with Choice Home or another provider, then a new policy can be activated as soon as the old one expires. This ensures customers are always protected.
There are also some cons to Choice Home’s policies that specifically relate to pre-existing damage or appliance misuse:
- Pre-Existing Conditions: Any damage occurring as a result of pre-existing conditions, whether known or unknown, will not be covered.
- Appliance Misuse: Policies do not cover damage from misuse, abuse, or failure to clean and maintain a system or appliance.
A home warranty plan is an ideal way to provide additional peace of mind while saving money on expensive repairs or replacements down the road. You never know when that extra hedge of protection will come in handy.
Choice Home keeps it simple with just two plans to choose from, along with the option to supplement any of their policies with “add-ons” or extras.
There are also options to pay monthly or annually, allowing customers to delegate home management to the experts.
Choice Home’s exclusions are similar to competitors. Nonetheless, homeowners should always read the fine print carefully to understand what is and is not included in a specific coverage plan.
Taking these extra action steps can save customers from any potential disappointment later on when filing a claim. No matter what home warranty under consideration, it’s important to always conduct your own research and analyze competitor offerings before making any significant financial purchases.
With a range of attractive benefits, including ongoing coverage, 24/7 customer service, and a host of benefits for real estate agents, Choice Home warranties take the stress out of a sudden appliance failure or system emergency.